Apply to be a Generator & Industrial Engine Field Technician
Title: Generator & Industrial Engine Field Technician
Wolter Power System is the authorized Industrial Generac Power Systems Dealer for the entire state of Wisconsin and the Western portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Wolter Power has been servicing Wisconsin for nearly 25 years, solely dedicated to supporting the power generation market. Headquartered out of Brookfield, Wisconsin; we support our customer base with six (6) branches located strategically throughout our territory.
Servicing, diagnosing and repairing commercial and industrial generators along with diesel engine repairs located typically at the Customers’ location. These positions are based out of our Brookfield facility. Technicians are provided with a company service van/truck, laptop, and cell phone and special tools to assist them with their assigned daily work. We have internal support staff to assist, as well as continual ongoing technical training programs to advance each technician to their highest potential.
- Performs mechanical skills including electrical and troubleshooting of diesel and natural gas generator systems as well working on diesel powered engines in the field.
- Able to interpret equipment manuals, drawings and special work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with all Company Policies, OSHA Safety regulations, and Health rules
- Diagnose generator or engine repairs and complete needed repairs on customer owned equipment as directed in a fast paced environment that requires multitasking
- Perform typical repairs are performed on Generac, Deutz, Perkins and Yanmar Industrial machines, but is not limited to any brand, make or model of generator or associated equipment.
- Use Company provided software, laptop computers, manuals and instruments to diagnose system errors on all systems.
- Execute routine preventative maintenance and upkeep on equipment that is Customer or Company owned.
- Technicians may be asked to support the investigation and research parts or materials needed to complete specialized repairs on obsolete, old or other brands for equipment.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Technical, vocational, or trade school education required or equivalent years of experience.
- Previous industrial engine, compressor, generators, experience a plus.
- Must own tools necessary to preform assigned work tasks and repair work orders
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written that include Computer literacy.
- Essential to have the ability to read and interpret machine mechanical & electrical schematics.
- Must be willing to travel, work extended hours, with the occasional weekends or Holidays
- Must be self-motivated and have knowledge of basic tools and tool usage.
- Valid Drivers License with clean record and DOT Medical Certification is required
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- Wage level based on experience
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical demands: Employee is required to frequently stand, walk, talk, listen, and use feet to operate machinery. Employee is required to occasionally use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, including computer, presentation equipment, and other office equipment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noisier shop environments and may be exposed to unusual environments at customer sites. When performing duties of this job, it is a requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment whenever appropriate.